Southern Taste

This is not your ordinary source to good cooking... Southern Taste allows you to view and review recipes, tips and even news! From the best cornbread recipe to the latest cooking inovation...Southern Taste has you covered. So grab your apron and start practicing "ya'll," your journey into southern cooking is about to begin!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Southern Style Hearty Sausage Gravy


I just left the dinner table where I made breakfast for dinner, a family favorite around here. Growing up I absolutely disliked gravy and biscuits, now I love it and tonight was the first time for me to make this southern delicacy. Go easy on me, I didn't keep up with the exact measurements. As soon as I realized how delicious this hearty gravy was, I had to share.
Hearty Sausage Gravy

Ingredients:


  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour

  • 2 tsp. black pepper

  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground sage

  • 1 lb. mild pork sausage

  • 2 1/2 cup milk

  • 1/2 cup water

  • salt to taste

Mix the flour, sage and pepper together in a small mixing bowl.


Cook the sausage until brown in a skillet for about ten minutes.


Stir in the flour mixture for a couple of minutes until the flour is fully absorbed.


Cream the sausage mixture with milk and water. Turn down the heat and let simmer until it thickens.


Season the gravy with salt.


Serve over split biscuits.


No comments:

Post a Comment