- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef-chuck
- 3/4 cup uncooked, quick-oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (I add a little extra, I love the taste of fresh onion!)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 2 eggs, beaten
Grease a loaf pan.
Combine all of the ingredients into a loaf.
Preheat oven to 365 degrees and cook for about an hour, or until it reaches 160 degrees in the center.
Pour off the juice and place on a platter and cover with meat loaf sauce.
Boarding House Meat Loaf Sauce:
- 3/4 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar, slightly packed
Heat sauce mixture in a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until the onions and peppers are tender.