For this dish, all you need is:
- 1- 16 oz. can refried beans.
- 1 -16 oz. can nacho cheese (You can use cheese from a jar as well, any brand will do just fine.)
- 2 -1.25 oz. taco seasoning packets
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo (The great thing about this is you can find this already made up in the salad section of your grocery store. I found it at Wal-Mart. It saves you time and even money on tomatoes, chives and red onions.)
- 1 -16 oz. container of sour cream
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef (I prefer lean beef.)
Spread the beans evenly on the bottom of a baking dish.
Spread the cheese on top of the beans.
Mix one packet of taco seasoning in the sour cream and spread on top of the cheese.
Place in oven for about fifteen minutes, just long enough to heat the cheese, beans and taco cream spread.
Cook the meat until fully browned with one taco packet.
Top the dish with lettuce and pico de gallo.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.