You will need:
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups canned creamed corn (One can equals this amount.)
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (I use a 16 ounce container, the extra kick of sour cream makes this cornbread even more moist!)
- 3/4 cup corn, canola or vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising, white cornmeal (packed)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
melt some butter to lightly coat the finished cornbread
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place un-greased skillet or muffin pan in the oven. You want the skillet/pan to be hot before pouring in the cornbread mixture.
Mix the ingredients in the order above. If you mix the liquid ingredients together first your sour cream will not clump. Trust me, no one wants to bite into a piece of cornbread and see a white ball of sour cream!
This cornbread recipe would win a blue ribbon at The National Cornbread Festival in South Pittsburg, TN this April!